How do you give your bedroom extreme class and a show of living well? This always should be the thoughts in our brains every day because we spend around a third of our lives in bed. For some people they spend almost a half of their time in bed. The upholstered beds gives the use a sign of good life with just a small investment.
Upholstered beds have a soft covering on the headboard which gives the room a class. The beds also come with different looks either masculine of feminine with a variety of fabrics and materials that make them. These bed therefore provide a different class of comfort but however require more attention in maintenance and care.
The cost of upholstered beds might range from a few hundred dollars to a few thousands. This is dependent of the size, design, material and fabric that makes the headboard. They can easily be made at home using online tutorials but it’s preferable if you buy them online at an affordable price. This also helps to save your time.
Factors to consider while buying upholstered beds
Type of foam used
In a world where most people have allergies and sleeping disorders associated to dust, dust mites and dander, the type of foam used in the bed matters a lot. The type of foam can be tested for comfort, and durability. This is because a bed is supposed to last for long and whereas softness and comfort might be the initial consideration, durability should also be considered. Where one of the members of the family snores or is allergic, memory foam would be the most ideal type of foam used in the bed.
Upholstered fabric used to cover the bed
The fabric used to cover the upholstered beds help in cleaning of the bed and aesthetic value of the bed. The common fabric used is linen and polyester. These help to make the beds easy to clean and also add the aesthetics.
Material used to make the bed
The material that is used to make the bed frame varies from metal to wood and plywood frame. These are strong materials to ensure durability of the bed is increased.
Color and pattern of your bedroom
The bed upholstery color can be used to add aesthetics to the bedroom. The color of the upholstery should be considered while ordering for the bed. The upholstery helps to eliminate just the wood or metal color but also adds more beautiful colors and patterns.
Advantages of Upholstered beds
- They make the room appear smaller or larger depending on the color. Darker colors make the room appear smaller while lighter colors make the room appear bigger.
- Upholstered beds gives you the comfort while sitting on the bed. This is because the upholstery is made of materials that can give you comfort as you read, pray or breastfeed. The upholstery also gives you an assurance that your head will not be hit by a hard surface that make the bed.
- The bed enables one to match the theme of the bedroom with the upholstery giving the house a classy look. The material that is used to make the upholstery can be used to make a nice combination with the bedroom theme thus making the bedroom an enjoyable place to be.
Disadvantages of upholstered beds
- The upholstery can harbor pet’s fur and dust. This might cause allergic reactions for people with fur or dust allergies. The material that is made of determines the amount of fur and dust that it can harbor.
- Due to the upholstery, upholstered beds might require more cleaning and maintenance. This enables the bed to look good and well taken care of. It also takes care of any stains.
Up to now you have learnt the good, bad and ugly of the upholstered beds, grab the best deal here:
The best upholstered beds on sale in 2018
Zinus Upholstered Button Tufted Premium Platform Bed/Strong Wood Slat Support/Dark Grey
The bed is quite a transformative piece of art. It consists of the following:
- Platform wooden bed slat. This frame is as strong as bed frames get and in addition to being classy and reliable support. The platform thus supports all forms of mattresses including memory foam, latex, spring or hybrid mattresses. Thus for a snorer the bed supports the use of memory foam mattresses, the best mattresses for snoring. The bed has also been passes as very strong and thus can withstand all motions in bed.
- The upholstery is soft and well stuffed to give you a comfortable sleep or sitting on the bed. The dark grey colour also makes the bedroom look well filled up thus making the bedroom classy. Also the upholstery is button tufted for a modern look of the bed.
- The bed is easy to ship as all the bed parts are fitted on the back of the heardboard for shipping. This makes it easy to ship and also assemble. However the package is a bit heavy to transport as it weighs about 125lbs.
- The bed is available in Twin, Queen and King version where each has a 5 year warranty.
- The steel frame has a foam padded tape. This enables the bed to be used without any noise.
DHP Rose Linen Tufted Upholstered Platform Bed
The bed is a well made bed for classy and comfortable night sleep. It gives you the following comforts:
- The upholstery bed headboard is elegantly made with a modern tufted linen design. The headboard being linen soft enables you to sit on the bed and read when having insomnia or making sure your head is protected when you hit the headboard. The material is also easy to clean by vacuuming or wiping with a damp cloth.
- The bed has a revolutionary bentwood slat support system for excellent ventilation. The mattresses require ventilation to reduce mould infestation and also keep it fresh. This slat supports any amount of weight without making any sounds as you sleep.
- To improve on stability the DHP upholstered bed has side rails and additional legs for support. This makes sure that the bed is comfortable and stable even during other rigorous activities.
- It is also assembled easily after you receive it. The bed is also transported in one box which is a bit heavy. The box requires some effort to carry especially if the bedroom is upstairs but it is worth it.
- The color makes the bedroom look larger that it is because of the somehow bright gray color. The color also blends with most bedroom colors for a classy bedroom look.
Home Life Premiere Upholstered Bed
This is one of the most comfortable upholstered beds on sale online. It has several properties that make it a bed to buy any time. The bed has:
- The bed upholstery is made of linen which makes it soft and comfortable to lie on when in bed. This gives the individual a soft surface to land on while sitting or on accidental hit on the head. The material is also soft to clean and thus prevents mould and dust buildup on the upholstery.
- The tufted surface also gives the bed a classy look. The modern look blends well with the bed surface thus making the house more beautiful.
- The light beige color makes the room look bigger. The bright color also adds to the aesthetic value of the bed. The color also matches with several other colors of mattresses and room.
- The bed is transported in 2 boxes to make sure they are lighter to carry and move. This makes moving the boxes upstairs more easily incase one wants to move it. It is however very easy to assemble.
What you need to know about upholstered bed headboards
How can I care for my upholstered bed headboard?
When compared to normal hard wood or metal headboard, upholstered headboards are harder to care for. This is because the facric can get torn or stained if not well taken care of. Therefore the headboard will require regular vacuuming or cleaning with a damp cloth to remove any spills. The spills if left uncleaned accumulate and start smelling.
How can I measure the upholstered bed headboard?
The headboard is bought using the size of the mattress. The mattress size is first measured and then to use that to get a heardboard that the mattress can fit in. We always add two inches to either side of the mattress to get the measure of the upholstered bed. For example, King mattress is 76 inches wide and thus the headboard should be 80 inches wide.